Monday, May 13, 2024

Breaking the Dark, by Lisa Jewell



Breaking the Dark was my first experience with Lisa Jewell. I’d been curious to read one of her novels, and am grateful to Netgalley and Hyperion Avenue for making this title available to read now. 


This was a very different read for me, and though it was not my favorite type of mystery and I know little about Marvel superheroes, I did find it to be mostly entertaining. Some parts of the plot were a bit difficult for me to understand, and I also found the motivations of a couple of the characters to be puzzling. Of course, I realize that a  thriller involving superheroes demands that the reader suspend her disbelief, but  I sometimes had a hard time doing so. 


The fusion of mystery with superheroes  is a creative concept, though it’s not my preference. I look forward to reading a more typical Lisa Jewell novel, but am glad that I experienced this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Evenings, by Alan Hollinghurst

This story follows the life of David Winn, an English boy living with his single mother, a gifted dressmaker. Dave has never met his Burmese...